Thursday, March 29, 2018

Table of Contents

I am SO happy with how my table of contents turned out! I think it looks so professional. I got a lot of opinions from people and they all liked it. They thought it looked like it came from an actual magazine off the shelf!
I decided to do a two-page spread table of contents because I felt like I could fit more information into it. With only one page of a TOC, it would have been too cramped and I wanted to space it out a bit. The picture in the background really makes everything pop. What I did was took this wooden board and spray painted it white. I thought this would be a good background for the pictures because white accentuates the item and makes the picture brighter. I put four squares of cloth that are bright (to brighten up a room-- see page 45) at the bottom of the board and I purposely left all of the space on the top. While I took the picture, I pictured putting all the text in the empty space so the background wouldn't just be plain white. While the background is still white, it isn't blank, it has texture to it which I like. I then just mirrored the same picture to make it continue to the next page. Not to toot my own horn but I think it is very neat and organized and I am very happy as to how this turned out!

1 comment: